The Texas Back to Work Initiative focuses on reemploying firt-time, unemployment insurance (UI) claimants while helping businesses increase their productivity.
Employers may receive a $2,000 subsidized-wage RETENTION INCENTIVE, per qualified new hire, by participating in the Texas Back to Work Initiative.
The benefits of hiring UI claimants include:
- Selecting from a highly qualified pool of workers
- Pre-screened, qualified individual
- Hiring prospective employees at your discretion
- Saving labor costs
- Training employees to meet your specific business needs
Additionally, new employees hired under this program may qualify for a Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).
Primary requirements for Employers:
- must be FOR PROFIT
- Cannot have experienced lay-off or reduction in force within
the last 120 days
- Employment must be full-time, 30 or more hours per week
- Employment must last a minimum of 120 days.
The Texas Back to Work Initiative, funded by the Texas Workforce Commission and administered by Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas, provides employers with funds for:
- Other Incentives
We want to partner with local businesses to help put eligible UI claimants in Southeast Texas back into the workplace.
For more information on how your business can participate, please contact a Business Services Representative at: